Find a Service Center
Periodically replacing your brake pads may save you money by preventing a "metal-on-metal" condition that accelerates the need to replace expensive rotors and/or drums
The certified experts at Goodyear Tire & Service Network locations are specially trained to maintain, repair, and replace your brake system to help ensure that it’s working as efficiently and effectively as originally designed. This service includes:
- Replacing worn brake pads and/or brake shoes
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums
- Replacing brake fluid as needed
Brake system services are backed by the Goodyear Service Network Warranty.
Why is it important to get my brakes serviced?
Properly working brakes are essential to vehicle safety and reliability. When you depress your brake pedal and stop your tires from rotating, you need the confidence to know that your vehicle will come to a complete and precise stop.
- Brake pads, shoes, drums, and rotors are made of materials that wear down from heat and friction, even under normal driving conditions
- Over time, these same wear issues can also affect the brake’s hydraulic components including calipers, wheel cylinders, and brake hoses
- Failure of these brake components can lead to costly repairs and loss of braking
How often should I get my brakes checked?
It’s important to have your brakes checked at least once a year to keep them responsive and to help avoid costly replacements. However, you should have your brakes checked immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Your brakes are continuously squeaking, squealing, or grinding
- Your brake or anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light comes on
- Your car jerks or pulls to one side when braking
- You need to pump your brakes for them to work properly
- Your brake pedal feels unusually soft and spongy or hard
- You notice brake fluid leaks around the wheels or engine compartment
For more ways to keep your vehicle in excellent condition, see Goodyear’s vehicle and tire maintenance guidelines.
Related auto services you may be interested in:
GOODYEAR TIRE & SERVICE
With Certified Technicians*, a Limited Service Warranty honoured nationwide, access to quality Goodyear products, and the opportunity to earn AIR MILES® reward miles, comprehensive auto service is available wherever you go. See our full list of services.
- Air conditioning
- Belts & hoses
- Brake systems repair
- Check-engine light
- Electrical systems
- Fluid-exchange services
- Heating & cooling system
- Mufflers & exhaust
- Oil change, lube & filter
- Steering & suspension
- Tire installation
- Tire-pressure monitoring systems
- Tire repair
- Tire rotation
- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balance