Find a Service Center
Unbalanced tires can lead to uneven wear, vibration, and potentially unsafe driving conditions
When the experts at Tire & Service Network locations balance your wheels, they are helping to ensure that your tires are spinning around as evenly as possible, which is important for optimal driving performance.
Wheel-balance service includes:
- Tire and wheel removal
- Mounting each wheel on a state-of-the-art balancing machine
- Spinning each wheel to make sure the weight of the wheel and tire are balanced evenly around the axle
- Detecting and locating any imbalance
- Attaching a lead weight on the opposite side of the tire to compensate for weight differences
- Remounting tires and wheels
Wheel-balancing services are backed by the Goodyear Service Network Warranty.
Why is balancing my wheels important to my vehicle’s performance?
Day-to-day tire treadwear causes changes in the distribution of weight around the tire and wheel assembly. Balancing your wheels minimizes potential vibration felt in the steering wheel, seat, or floorboard and aids in proper tire treadwear. Getting your wheels balanced can result in:
- A smoother ride
- Reduced tire wear
- Enhanced drive-train components
How often should I have my wheels balanced?
Goodyear tires tend to hold their balance and only go out of balance gradually. Goodyear Tire & Service Network location experts can help you determine whether your tires need to be balanced based on wear or mileage.
Goodyear recommends you have your wheels balanced every 10,000–12,000 km (6,000–8,000 mi). However, if you’re experiencing these symptoms, your tires may need balancing:
- Steering-wheel vibration at highway speeds
- Seat or floorboard vibration at highway speeds
- Scalloped/cupped wear patterns on your tires
For more ways to keep your vehicle driving smoothly and protect the wear and tear of your tires, see Goodyear’s detailed tire-care recommendations.
Related auto services you may be interested in:
GOODYEAR TIRE & SERVICE
With Certified Technicians*, a Limited Service Warranty honoured nationwide, access to quality Goodyear products, and the opportunity to earn AIR MILES® reward miles, comprehensive auto service is available wherever you go. See our full list of services.
- Air conditioning
- Belts & hoses
- Brake systems repair
- Check-engine light
- Electrical systems
- Fluid-exchange services
- Heating & cooling system
- Mufflers & exhaust
- Oil change, lube & filter
- Steering & suspension
- Tire installation
- Tire-pressure monitoring systems
- Tire repair
- Tire rotation
- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balance